In Facebook there is the well-known option “nudge”. Although many users have seen you before, they do not know what it is and how the action is carried out. Tech facts shows you where to find the feature and what to use it for.
Facebook knows many ways of making contact. Posts on pinboards, short messages, chats. Probably the most subliminal type is the so-called “poking”.
How Does Poking Work On Facebook?
To nudge someone on Facebook, you must be friends with them. Otherwise the feature is not available to you. If this is the case, poking on Facebook works quite simply. Just follow these steps:
- First log into Facebook and then go to your personal profile page. This is the page where you can see your friends on the left. The quickest way to get to this page is to click on your name at the top left after logging in.
- Access your friends list by clicking on the term “Friends”. You can find him at the top of the chronicle.
- You will now see a list of your friends. Select the person you would like to poke and click their name.
- You are now on your friend’s profile page. In the upper right area you will see a gear icon. Click on it.
- After you have clicked on the cogwheel, a selection menu is available to you. This includes the point “nudge”.
What Do I Use The Nudge For In Facebook?
Poking on Facebook is a more subliminal way of making contact. It’s about not addressing someone directly, but letting that person know you’re there.
It is therefore an informal and non-binding way of making contact. Contrast this with a chance meeting where you spot a distant acquaintance and give each other a quick wave, but are unable to speak due to other circumstances.
The nudge on Facebook is the digital equivalent of this. Poking will draw a person’s attention to you. She can either wave back by using the nudge feature in Facebook as well. Or she ignores your gesture.
When Do I Use The Nudge In Facebook?
There are some situations where a Facebook nudge is more appropriate than sending the contact a long message or something.
Examples of some of these situations would be:
- You want to reconnect with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
- If you are unsure whether a friend would like to get in touch with you again. If the person doesn’t respond by nudging or texting you, you know.
- You can also use the nudge in Facebook when you just want to say hello for a moment.
- If you are close to the person, nudging can mean that you miss the person, are thinking about them, and would like to be with that person