If you recently lost your job and are already looking for another one like crazy, this post interests you. As you know (and if you don’t know, we’ll tell you), LinkedIn is the online star tool for finding a job.
This social network, founded in 2002 and with more than 600 million users worldwide, has the main objective of connecting professionals, facilitating presentations to companies, doing business, expanding your contacts or giving visibility to your products or services. Yes, all in one. And if you download the application, you can do it from your smartphone while you go for a walk or drink. More comfortable, impossible.
How Does LinkedIn Work?
Before starting to look for a job on LinkedIn, the first thing you should be clear about is that this social network is not like Instagram or Facebook, where you can post funny images or videos. Here only (we repeat, only) professional content is shared, such as work experience or knowledge about a topic that may be of interest to the community.
Once you have internalized this, you are ready to make yourself known on LinkedIn. And how is it done? Simple:
- Create your CV online: show companies your entire professional career, knowledge, and skills. Do not leave anything in the inkwell.
- Increase your presence: LinkedIn is not just a platform to upload your resume, and that’s it. It is an active forum for the exchange of information. The more you let yourself be seen, the better.
- Indicate that you are actively seeking employment
- Participate in groups: become members of different interest groups and share content.
- Make many contacts: connect with all the people who interest you (always related to your profession). You never know where your next job opportunity may come from.
Find Jobs On LinkedIn
To participate in all the selection processes you want, you have to follow these four steps:
- Sign in (or register if you haven’t already)
- Use the job search engine (write the position and where you want to work)
- Select the offers that interest you
- Click Apply (or save it to apply later)
Looking for a job is not an easy task, but doing it on LinkedIn is. Now that you know how this social network for professionals works, your chances of finding a job will skyrocket.
Also Read: How Do You Make A Resume?